The 9th event of Creative Quarter's PechaKucha Nottingham series takes place this Friday on the 27th February, from 4-6 pm at The Malt Cross, St. James Street, Nottingham, NG1 6FG.
The theme for this event will be Talking Creativity... Get Creative
The PechaKucha speakers will include representatives from some of our established cultural organisations; some independent creative hubs, some of our more funky creative businesses; and some community projects using culture and creativity as their vehicle... so as to get a broad range of voices, because...
… PKN 9 is co-hosted by Nottingham's What Next? chapter, which will introduce the BBC backed campaign - Get Creative - to Nottingham. This will see us hearing from the participants of the Get Creative Nottingham's 'Culture Vulture' experiment, and from some key civic figures - so that we can collectively talk about the broader value of creativity to our city.
There will be a wide range of presentations, speakers and interviews with leading business and cultural figures from across the city, including:
PechaKucha presentations from:
- Paul Russ, CEO of Dance 4, on the Third Lion project
- Jo Cox-Brown, CEO of Malt Cross
- Laraine Winning, of The Voluntary Arts Network
- Niki Russell, of The Primary artist studio group
- Anna Mims, of BEST
- Chris and/or Kirsty Fox - of 5 Dots Gallery
- Jason and Penny on the 'Culture Vulture’ experiment and their experiences from the week
- Graham Allen MP and Cllr Nick McDonald from Nottingham City Council, on the value of culture in Nottingham.