Grab a drink and join Pecha Kucha Night Denver and the Clyfford Still Museum for this fast paced program full of images that provide a contextual backdrop for the exhibition, 1959: The Albright Art Gallery Exhibition Recreated. Event starts at 7, but doors open at 6 and there will be hors d'oeuvres before the speakers start. Also, you are encouraged (but not required) to break out your vintage 1950's and 1960's garb for the event.
Local scholars and specialists from a variety of disciplines will present using the PechaKucha format of 20 slides and 20 seconds per slide to illustrate the era in a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds each. Don’t miss this creative and sure to be entertaining evening!
- Susan Schulten- department chair and professor of history, University of Denver
- Bud Coleman, department chair and professor of theatre, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Lindsey Feitz- postdoctoral teaching fellow in the gender and women’s studies program, University of Denver
- Stephen E. Nash- department chair and curator of archaeology, Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Darrin Alfred- associate curator of architecture, design, and graphics, Denver Art Museum
- Michael J. Henry- executive director, Lighthouse Writers Workshop
- Dean Sobel
- Victoria (Tori) Eastburn
This event is free, but space is limited to 100 people. Registration for this event is currently full, but you can sign up for our waitlist here.
If you register and are unable to attend, please notify us so we can open additional registrations.