Come celebrate this #40 milestone and 10 year anniversary with us March 16th, at 7:00pm at the new second-floor space at the Columbus Idea Foundry! Columbus trailblazer Alex Bandar will be the emcee.
We’ve got a fun mix of new and past presenters spanning our 10 years that will round out the #40 experience.
- Samuel Berbano – Lindyhop lawyer
- Olivera Bratich - Woman behind the curtain at Wholly Craft!
- Jay Delaney – community builder & communicator (www.jaydelaney.com/)
- Liv Gjestvang & Julia M. Applegate - Journey to lesbian motherhood
- Ria Greiff - Producer, CEO, Clinical Director, Publisher/Writer
- Zach D Myers - Apparel Manufacturer/ Creator
- Shauna Sergent – travel blogger
- Randy Sharma – Rockdoc mover and shaker / social and political activist and doer
- Timothy Wolf Starr – SBB/ Connects Columbus
- Aniket Vardhan - Designer/Builder/Owner at The Musket V Twin
We’ll have some local beverages and food available. You may even see some OpenHeartCreatures mingling with the crowd.
Admission is a suggested donation of only $3.
How did this all get started?
On February 2, 2007, PK started in the basement of NBBJ, a local architecture firm, after we heard about the event from our colleagues in Seattle. We soon were connected with Tokyo and San Franciscans, and were inspired. We knew there was so much humble amazingness out there in Columbus that just needed a forum. Roberto Jimenez, Stephanie Warsaw Patton, Lindsay Kenzig, Scott Vayo, Sandhya Kochar, Jay Gopal, Kevin Ward, and others organized those first few events, drawing about 40 people at first, which we thought was astounding given nearly no advertisement. My how it's grown!
"We're excited to see you and help us celebrate!"
- Your Pecha Kucha Columbus Team
James, Aleks, Jill, Matthew, Aiko, Shelagh, Jess, Steph, Michael
PechaKucha is devised and shared by Klein Dytham Architecture
Thanks for being with us along the way.