Tap Room Open: Noon - 10 PM
First Speaker: 7:30 PM
There are usually four PechaKucha Night Calgary's per year, but to celebrate the culmination of our 10th season we're doing a fifth event this year! PKN is always a collection of great speakers interrupted by the infamous BEER BREAK. For PKN #38 we're flipping that on its head. Join us as we partner with Tool Shed Brewing Company for one long BEER BREAK interrupted by Speaker Breaks.
And what better way to enjoy a craft beer than by listening to speakers talking to the theme of CRAFT? Whether it is a profession or a hobby, expertly honing a process or something just to pass the time, five speakers will explore the theme in their own way.
Meet the Speakers:
- Miranda Martini - @mandsypants - Musician and writer based in Calgary. In her spare time she is the Music Lead for Calgary Queer Church and makes music with Blend, a women's singing ensemble.
- Christine Goudie - @christinegoudie - Co-Founder + CEO of Granville Biomedical Inc., which specializes in surgical simulation for women's health to assist medical trainees in the rehearsal of high acuity procedures prior to patient care.
- Peter Balkwill - A founding, co-Artistic Director of the Old Trout Puppet Workshop and an Assistant Professor of Acting and Drama of the School of Creative and Performing Arts at the University of Calgary.
- Sara Simpson - @rerevisited - Co-Artistic Director of the Kinkonauts, Calgary’s longform improv laboratory. She performs, coaches, directs, and sends a gazillion emails.
- Patrick Palardy - Pat has been making music for most of his life. When he's not producing music at Public Lunch Studios he's playing D&D or enjoying time with his soul mate and their young boys. Sometimes both.
- EMCEE - Jason Cameron - @jaycyyc - Economic Resilience lead with Resilient Calgary trying to instill confidence in a VUCA world, developing strategies and solutions that strengthen our city. Educated as a leisurist.
Come early for drink specials. Tool Shed's patio & lounge will be open before the show and they are putting loads of tasty beers on tap for a massive noon-7pm PKN Happy Hour before we open doors to the main event space. Drink responsibly. Make plans for getting to and from PKN safely.
What time does PKN get underway?
The first speaker starts at 7:30pm. The Tool Shed Tap Room & Patio will be open from noon onwards, so feel free to arrive early.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
PKN 38 is an 18+ event. Please bring ID and drink responsibly.
We do not control speakers' content and as such, adult language or difficult images may be showcased.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Vehicles: Carpool. There is free parking in the Tool Shed lot and nearby street parking.
Bikes: Please bike. Stay safe on the streets.
Transit: The Marlborough LRT station is about a 10-15 minute walk away.
What can I bring into the event?
Friends, foes, lovers, strangers, people you want to hang out with.
Can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
Request a refund through Eventbrite and we'll deal with it as quickly as we can. Or, give your tickets to a friend.
PechaKucha Night Calgary is part of a global community of PechaKucha Nights. Each time we host an event we pay forward $1 of every ticket sold to PKN HQ in Tokyo to help ensure PechaKuchas the world over can keep bringing communities together to share ideas.
Want to Nominate a Speaker?
Submit your nominations or join our volunteer list at pknyyc.com.