JUNE 06, 2010
PKN Raglan Vol. 2
Raglan held its second PechaKucha Night just last week, and here's organizer Rodger Gallagher with a report on the night that was:
Thursday night’s PechaKucha Night Vol. 2 at the Raglan Old School Arts Centre in Stewart Street hit new heights both literally and metaphorically. Brigid Allan showed and amazing set of images from the Milford Sound area, but these weren’t the standard tourist shots. Instead the photos were taken on mountain climbs she had down in the area. The audience appreciated the variety and high quality of all the presentations. Robyn Gallagher’s talk on interestingness couldn’t help but raise interest as she talked about Flickr’s interestingness algorithm. And of course the homemade kai during the beer break was also appreciated.
Rodger plans to have two more PechaKucha Nights later this year, and is already on the lookout for presenters -- do get in touch through the Raglan city page if you'd like to present or if you know someone who would.
Below, the list of presenters from Vol. 2, as well as a few photos -- there's more to see in this Flickr photoset.
- Nelson Lebo III – Thinking like a swale
- Karma Barnes – Earth circle art. Fine Art, Multi-Media, Textiles and Installation Artist
- Clare Wimmer – Wood Firing. Abode Pottery, Waitetuna
- Robyn Gallagher – Interestingness
- Brigid Allan – My Milford Sound
- John and Julia – Raglan Ramblers
- Virginia Gallagher – Raglan 1910. The William Price postcards, photography by Gilmour Brothers
- Patti Mitchley – The history of Whaingaroa Youth Movement